Striking the perfect balance between “California modern” and traditional touches, this magnificent Eichler home is nestled in the highly desired Foster City, ideally located between San Francisco and Silicon Valley. Meticulously maintained and cherished, this 4 bedroom, 3 bath residence will warm your heart with the way it lives. Welcome to 131 Barkentine Street, Foster City!
Paying homage to true “Eichler” attributes, this home masterfully displays an expansive, single level, open concept flow with cathedral ceilings, sparkling glass curtain windows and sliders, a striking center atrium anchoring the home, and architectural details using natural, sustainable materials such as warm hickory floors, slate, and stone throughout. Designed for ultimate comfort and functionality this home offers spaces for privacy or gatherings. The light-filled living room is highlighted by the stately fireplace and glorious views of the beautiful backyard. With the living room seamlessly flowing to the lovely dining room, there is an ease about the space. Gather in the “heart of the home,” the kitchen, with amenities sure to delight such as a large island with Italian Costa Esmerelda granite, custom cantilevered countertop with seating, and induction cooktop with an island range hood. Stainless appliances, plentiful cabinetry, walk-in pantry all contribute to the beauty and functionality of the kitchen. The cozy kitchen seating area is perfect for morning coffee with a view of the sunlit atrium accessible from both the kitchen and living room. Enjoy the change of evening light at the same spot at the end of a long day.
When time to relax, retire to one of four generous bedrooms, with three of them clustered on one side of the home and a fourth on the other side adding extra flexibility and privacy. The expansive, primary bedroom suite provides ample closet space with double closets. Its ensuite bath features natural slate flooring, large granite vanity, marble tiled shower, and slider access to the adorable side yard and backyard. Two other charming, sunlit bedrooms, one with access to the yard, share a darling full bath with a single vanity granite counter and gorgeous shower. The fourth bedroom, currently used as an office, is ideally situated by the kitchen. This space can also be reimagined as a traditional bedroom, playroom, “distance learning” space, or more. A laundry room plus a third full bath with chic tile work throughout and glass shower complete the interior space.
Evoking feelings of tranquility and privacy, one will enjoy many days and nights in the generously sized yard that is elegantly simple, layered with beautiful mature trees, lush grass, planters filled with fresh herbs and roses, and a spa in which to let the day melt away. Dine alfresco on the expansive patio or other intimate spaces.
Besides the close-knit community feeling within this Foster City neighborhood, it is just blocks to outdoor parks and recreation, downtown retail and dining, highly rated schools, and minutes to the iconic Leo J. Ryan Park and Lagoon known for outdoor concerts and world-class windsurfing and kite-surfing. With a mid-Peninsula location in between San Francisco and Silicon Valley, in close proximity to San Francisco International Airport, and so much more, this is a home not to be missed.
Come In & Welcome Home!
- 4 Bedroom, 3 Bath, Single-level Eichler residence
- Approximately 2,130 sqft of living space on an approximately 8,450 sqft lot
- Located in highly desired Foster City neighborhood centrally located on the Peninsula
- Traditional “Eichler” features such as open concept flow, cathedral ceilings, sparkling glass curtain windows/sliders and a striking center atrium
- Gorgeous living room and dining room with statement fireplace and full wall windows with slider to tranquil yard
- Beautiful kitchen with custom amenities such as a large center island with “Costa Esmerelda” granite, induction cooktop with island hood, counter seating, stainless appliances, and breakfast nook/seating area overlooking the atrium
- Efficient, large laundry room adjacent to the kitchen with outdoor access
- Expansive, light-filled, primary bedroom suite is soothing with ample closet space. Ensuite bath features natural slate flooring, large granite vanity, marble tiled shower, and slider access to the yard
- Two other charming bedrooms, one with access to the yard, share a darling full bath with a single vanity granite counter and gorgeous shower
- Fourth bedroom, currently an office, is on the other side of the home. Spacious and bright this space can be reimagined as a traditional bedroom, playroom, “distance learning” space or more
- Third full bath with chic tile work throughout and glass shower complete the interior space
- Easy indoor/outdoor living in the generously sized yard, elegantly simple layered with mature trees, lush lawn, and planters filled with fresh herbs and roses
- Expansive patio offers many vignettes for dining and entertaining
- Gleaming above ground spa
- Attached 2-car garage
- Just blocks to outdoor parks and recreation such as Ketch Park, Catamaran Park, retail and dining, highly rated schools, and minutes to the iconic Leo J. Ryan Park and Lagoon known for outdoor concerts and world-class windsurfing and kite-surfing.
- Highly rated schools
- Conveniently located on the mid-Peninsula between San Francisco and Silicon Valley, and close proximity to San Francisco International Airport